Currently, we are not holding auditions for new members, but information about the process is below.
The workshops are for learning about improv technique, concepts & activities, as well as for getting to know each other.
Here’s what you need to know:
- You must attend at least one workshop, but we recommend that you attend all of them (if possible). This gives us a chance to get to know you and get a grasp of where you are as an improvist and comedian. It’s also for you: become familiar with our games and style of improv before having to perform for your audition.
- IMPORTANT: We are looking for members who are serious about committing to the troupe. We practice once a week, and would need you to regularly attend performances (occasionally on fairly short notice).
If you are not sure where your improv skills are at the moment, come on out to the workshops and see what you can do, if you decide you want to take a shot at auditions, we highly encourage you to!
Requirements of Auditionees:
- Be talented, outgoing, energetic, confident, and wanting to have fun and create good scenes on stage.
- Enjoy thinking on your feet & expanding your bubble of security.
- Be open-minded about stage performance, improv, and other people’s ideas & opinions.
- Able to work cooperatively, supportively, & closely with a group of eclectic people.
- Able to laugh at yourself and not take mistakes and misunderstandings too seriously.
- Be over 18 years old and out of high school.